torsdag 19. september 2013

There should be a title here somewhere

(This is kind of way personal but I decided to go ahead and post it anyway. Stupid me. I'll probably regret it later.)

When it comes to school and education and life choices, there are a few things I regret. I regret not knowing about the proposal of moving me up a grade, so that I could have contributed to making that happen. It didn’t. I regret writing a crappy application to United World College. I didn’t get in. I regret not accepting the interview from Think Global School (although I had my reasons, which were personal and stuff). It looks like a fantastic school, and I'm not there when I maybe could have been. I regret not looking at more schools that were in a part of the world more different from Norway than USA. I regret, I regret, I regret. I regret.

But.

The people I’ve met here. The things we do here. The opportunities I have here. The experiences. The moments. The people.

And I realize that my shallow yearning for something different, something I might imagine to be better than this, is purely something I use as an excuse. To create a world where it’s okay for me not to be satisfied. Where it’s okay for me not to be grateful.

It’s not. Really. I’m not saying that I can’t be angry or sad or depressed or anything, or have a bad day (or a bad week), but in the real world, this is an amazing place. A place where I have people (that a month ago were mere strangers) who care about me, and whom I care about. A place where no one is “normal”, so we all are. We’re all weird and slightly disturbed and loving. We’re all living in the same community. In the same place.


A place that gradually has become home

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar