torsdag 25. desember 2014

Being Home

 My Favorite things about being in this home:
1. Freedom (I can go where I want when I want to)
2. My people
3. My dog
4. Meat
5. Lack of a schedule
6. Norwegian
7. Everything candy and drink (They don't have Fanta Lemon in AZ, for shame!)


My Favorite things about being in my other home:
1. My people
2. Daylight
3. American candy
4. English
5. American prices
6. Everything I get to do
7. Cuddle Puddles


Here are some more photos from the past fall. For Field Trips this year I went to the GRAND CANYON for ten days. It was absolutely incredible. I came back bruised, foul-smelling and with the biggest grin on my face. Here are some photos before we went in:

I'm luminous, that's how pale I am. 

The deer were really comfortable on our campground. 

The Americans learned how to chop wood. As a Norwegian, I obviously knew how to already. 
And then I spent Thanksgiving with one of our lovely horse instructors. We went walking up the West Fork on Thanksgiving Day, and we also went to visit the horses one day which was equally lovely. 

Thor.

Easy. One of two horses who took a break from eating to come say hi. 

Ponies *smileyface*. 

THEY ALSO HAD COWS. I NEVER SEE COWS IN ARIZONA. I LOVE COWS.

West Fork Hike: 

Myself, Squeentz and Host. 

All roads do in fact lead to Roma. 

'Twas quite beautiful. 

Quite beautiful indeed. 

Squeentz is so ready! (No, that's not her real name) 
 We also put on Hamlet. I got to play Claudius which was a great challenge, but perhaps the most rewarding role I feel like I've had. It was awesome. Here, have a non-flattering photo of me performing Claudius' soliloquy not as Claudius. Claudius is a man without boobs so I had to wear a different shirt for that part. 

I enjoy this photo mostly because I look slightly like a flying shirt and head. 

And then came December! I painted my face in celebration for us not having homework due the next day, the girls' dorm had Yankee Swap and that is all that happened. Not really, but that's all that I took pictures of. 

My face turned into a rainbow! And my hair, for that matter. 

Such badass. Heh.  I enjoy the effect of the light. 

This friend of my mine has the most style, it's almost unfair. 

Cookies for Yankee Swap! 

Baby grew and became Child. 

And that is all for right now, perhaps for 2014. It's been lovely. 

Love,
Ingrid




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar