søndag 24. november 2013

Thanksgiving Break

I will post a blog about Field Trips pretty soon - it was completely and utterly awesome and I can't wait to show you pictures and tell you about it! But first. When we got home, we had a little more than an hour before we had Thanksgiving Dinner, and after that socializing happened and then almost everyone left the next morning. We are thirty-two people staying here, twelve of which are girls. Most, not all, of my people are currently scattered all over the States, and many of the faculty members are in hiding in their houses - pretending that the students aren't here. On Friday, when everyone still was here, my friend told me that bonding happens during Alternative Breaks, because everyone feels abandoned, which makes sense seeing as we only have three adults on duty. We are on weekend schedule, meaning we only get two meals a day, and when you're cheap and don't want to buy lots of extra food, that can make you kind of crazy, especially if you're hiding out in your room all day. I thought I could show my "schedule" for the past couple of days.

Alternative Thanksgiving Break Days: 

08:45 Wakes up... Hungry. Shoot, no food until ten! Waits impatiently while playing with iPhone.

09:55 Five minutes till brunch, I gotta run! Enters dining hall and, without the people I usually sit with, seats myself at the table with the view.

11:30 Whoops, brunch was over half an hour ago.. Should go and start the day in a productive way! ... Such as looking for all things "Humor" on Stumbleupon.

13:00 Should probably do something productive. Just five more minutes...

14:00 Hungry! Is it food time yet?

14:30 No? But I need food!

15:10 Almost two more hours - I can't.

15:45 FOOOOOOOOD

16:00 Only one hour left - I can do this!

16:05 Only... Wait. Only five minutes passed? This is not okay. I do not approve.

16:50 FOOD! Runs screaming to the Dining Hall.

17:00 Food actually happens!

19:00 Maybe I should leave the Dining Hall now and let the kitchen people go home, I mean, dinner kind of ended an hour ago... Kind of.

19:10 Goes back to room, and back on the computer. Tries to do something productive such as editing photos from Field Trip, ends up on Stumbleupon.

20:30 Tired - can check-in happen now? No? Guess I'll play with my computer for two more hours.

22:30 Check-in! What now? Bed? Yes! Sleep? No! iPhone? Yes. *grins*

23:00 Hungry.. Is it food yet? Eleven more hours... crap.

00:15 Falls asleep cradling my iPhone.


Okay, okay, so I might not be that bad. Just... Kind of close. Also, I just need to say that I am indeed very grateful for the meals we do get, I know not everyone is as fortunate.
Now I'm going to eat a Snickers bar, it's still eighty minutes till dinner happens.

Hungry lerve,

Ingrid


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar